General Manager, Clubhouse Manager, PGA Director of Golf, Membership Director, Golf Course Superintendent
GBA has significant experience in conducting executive searches for General Managers, Clubhouse Managers, Directors of Golf, Membership Directors and Golf Course Superintendents for private, daily fee and municipal clients. Using our understanding of the golf and club business, as well as the responsibilities of these key positions at successful clubs, plus our vast network of industry contacts, we have been very successful in attracting top candidates and assisting the owners, Board Members and/or Selection Committee in making the right decision for their unique situation.
Our Executive Search services include:
- Meeting with Board/Committee to understand position and assisting with development of position description and compensation
- Posting positions on CMAA and/or PGA Career Links and sending to our industry contacts
- Actively soliciting interest from those we know that are currently working at Clubs
- Receiving all resumes and calls and conducting phone interviews with top candidates
- Keeping Committee updated and recommending top candidates for in person interviews
- Setting up interviews and attending/assisting Committee with questions and scorecard
- Providing input on best candidates and conducting reference checks
- Communicating on behalf of Club with candidate selected and those not selected
Select a case study below to expand the content and learn more.
James River Country Club (Newport News, Virginia) hired Golf Business Advisors to conduct a search for a Director of Golf that would help "take the club to the next level." After completing a comprehensive search (including contacting Jeremy Franks at Chevy Chase Club, ), orchestrating 35 candidates, making phone calls and attending Committee meetings, GBA helped the Club’s Selection Committee select Jeremy as their new PGA Director of Golf. It has been over seven years since Jeremy joined the James River staff and he has been a perfect fit and is indeed guiding their golf program to the “next level” they so desired.
In the Spring of 2018, James River Country Club re-hired GBA to guide their search for a new General Manager to lead the management team for the future. After receiving and vetting 35 resumes, Conrad Lickel was retained as the new James River General Manager and he has proven to be an excellent General Manager and is indeed leading the Club’s future.